1719 Lena Lane
Jackson, MS 39213
Job Objective Position as After School Program Director at the organization in order to increase the positive track record of the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience of in youth development program
- Profound knowledge of working with middle-school-aged youth in NYC public schools
- Skilled in administrating contract-based programs
- Sound knowledge of implementing and monitoring programming
- Skilled in managing and supervising youth development program
- Good understanding of youth development concepts
- Excellent program planning, organizing, oral communication and writing skills
- Ability to establish and enforce high standards of student conduct
- Exceptional ability to attract and engage a diverse group of students
After School Program Director, August 2005 – Present
Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation, Jackson, MS
- Responsible of program goals, reports and performance outcomes in relation with government and foundation grants and support.
- Implemented informal and formal evaluation of program demographics, impact, outcomes and effectiveness.
- Recruited, trained and supervised of part-time staff, evaluated and determined training needs.
- Reviewed program offerings to meet the changing needs of participants.
- Organized after school events to showcase students’ work for parents, teachers and other community members.
- Developed positive relationships with school staff, administration and parents.
- Attended mandatory conferences and meetings associated with grants.
After School Program Director, May 2000 – July 2005
The Vietnamese Friendship Association, Jackson, MS
- Developed curricula and lesson plans for all activities.
- Prepared weekly schedule of After School activities and assigned staff accordingly.
- Maintained ongoing communication with appropriate school staff to assess students’ progress and resolved problems.
- Prepared flyers and posters for community outreach.
- Assisted with the organization of mass mailings.
- Reported to Vice President of Youth Services.
- Assisted with various departmental activities as scheduled.
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, VA