443 Michael Street
Houston, TX 77002
Job Objective To secure an Assistant Dean of Students position with a school in which my knowledge will be put to use in the best way possible.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the faculty functionary within an university administration
- Sound experience in the development and review of programs and processes
- Exceptional knowledge of the academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of a diverse student population
- Remarkable ability to disseminate academic policy in a higher education system
- Outstanding ability to work effectively with departmental administrators, applicants, students, faculty and other university offices/departments
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Assistant Dean of Students, August 2005 – Present
University of Nevada, Houston, TX
- Provided comprehensive oversight and direction to the faculty and the students.
- Managed explanatory circumstances impacting student’s academic success.
- Provided academic persistence options and resolutions to students.
- Created and implemented a sophomore experience program.
- Focused on increasing student persistence.
- Served as the Chair/case-manager for the Student Intervention Team
Administrative Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Indiana University School of Law, Houston, TX
- Developed support and informational programs.
- Managed to provide appropriate counseling to the students.
- Coordinated with all the student referrals, and ensured follow-ups.
- Coordinated with other members of the senior administration.
- Ensured to study and report student cases with assessment data.
- Adhered to all rules and policies governing student affairs and conduct.
Bachelor’s Degree in Higher Education, Lee University, Cleveland, TN
Masters Degree in Higher Education, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated