1605 Progress Way
Job Objective Looking for work within your organization as a Policy Advisor.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in electric procurement-related policy and legislative assessment
- Outstanding knowledge of assessing and writing reports on complex regulatory, legislative and governmental matters
- Proficient in developing and delivering presentations to diverse stakeholders and upper management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate others and follow all policy standards
Policy Advisor, August 2005 – Present
New York City Economic Development Corporation, Quasqueton, IA
- Overseen portfolio of economic development agencies, boards, and commissions.
- Coordinated economic development initiatives, programs and projects.
- Performed qualitative and quantitative assessments of proposals.
- Reviewed agency and interagency work products, coordinated communications and outreach strategies.
- Ensured efficient relationships between all stakeholders.
Policy Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
AARP, Quasqueton, IA
- Identified challenges and solutions in the area of tax and spending policies.
- Researched trends in federal and state tax systems, budgets, and social insurance and other spending programs and made recommendations to AARP research and advocacy.
- Conducted and overseen original research on highly visible and potentially controversial policy issues in areas of importance to AARP.
- Developed policy and promoted social change compliance to AARP’s Social Impact Agenda.
- Provided objective policy analysis and represented AARP in public forums.
- Served as an expert resource for policymakers outside AARP.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, HI
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2018Create Date
- March 1, 2018Last Updated