2834 Monica Ct SW
Albany, NY 12201
Job Objective To secure a position as Crime Analyst with a well established organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Ability to conduct research through multiple measures
- A great deal of experience in a Police Department and for a law enforcement agency
- Ability to prepare analytical reports based on CAD and RMS data
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Extensive knowledge of ESRI GIS software, Microsoft SQL query language, Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Crime Analyst, August 2005 – Present
Delray Beach Police Department, Albany, NY
- Analyzed and determined crime patterns and trends using probability studies and complex statistical analyses.
- Assisted management personnel in planning the deployment of resources for the prevention and suppression of criminal activity.
- Conducted and performed tactical crime analyses, identified current crime series and hot spots.
- Collected and organized criminal information from all available resources, including the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) system, field interviews and intelligence information.
- Attended regional meetings of crime analysis professionals in order to share information on crime patterns, new methodologies, and developing tools.
- Provided feedback analysis and program evaluation using available crime data.
- Drafted and prepared reports, memoranda, general orders, standard operating procedures, and similar materials pertaining to crime analysis.
Crime Analyst, May 2000 – July 2005
Plantation Police Department, Albany, NY
- Prepared and presented complex and detailed statistical reports.
- Performed and conducted online photo imaging analysis.
- Interfaced with police personnel, community and other City employees regarding Crime analysis.
- Handled computer databases, electronic spreadsheets and statistical applications to manipulate, analyze and present data.
- Utilized geographical information systems to analyze and present information.
- Assisted effectively in the development and implementation of new programs, procedures, methods and systems.
- Trained Police and City personnel in crime analysis.
- Provided and presented intelligence and information to various divisions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated