3356 McKinley Avenue
Englewood, CO 80110
Job Objective Actively seeking Journal Editor position in which to contribute my knowledge in this field to the overall success of company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with journal publication process
- Good understanding of journals publishing, management and development
- Ability to make presentations
- Ability to effectively monitor financial statements
- Ability to analyze costs and perform financial reporting
- Ability to prioritize work and complete projects within specified timeframe
- Outstanding negotiation and editing skills
- Work Experience
- Journal Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Atlantic Media Company, Englewood, CO
- Managed all work according to editorial policy of journal.
- Developed and made changes to editorial policies.
- Identified articles and ensured compliance to subject matter of journals.
- Monitored all articles and approved and disapproved it accordingly.
- Trained review board members and developed necessary guidelines.
- Reviewed articles and selected reviewers fro same.
- Ensured reviewers to be impartial.
- Journal Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Capital Newspapers, Englewood, CO
- Reviewed work of all editorial review board members.
- Scheduled reviewers and ensured compliance to all deadlines.
- Ensured all review process remains to be confidential.
- Managed a review of articles, prepared a list of accepted, rejected and pending articles.
- Maintained good working relations with authors and reviewers.
- Monitored work of authors and ensured compliance to all Copyright Laws.
- Coordinated with production staff and maintained schedule for production process.
- Prepared an annual report to be presented to board of directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Ohio Valley University, Vienna, WV
Create your own professional looking resume for free using our resume builder!