1317 Hood Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123
Job Objective In search of Electrical Estimator position where I can put my energetic personality and unique skills to work for the good of company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Good experience in electrical estimating and project management
- Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control
- Strong knowledge of electrical blue print reading
- Good understanding of electrical systems, NEC, and electrical construction
- Proficiency in using electrical estimating software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to review final estimate packages for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to negotiate internal issues, priorities, and deadlines
- Ability to perform take-offs and estimates from electrical drawings
Electrical Estimator, August 2005 – Present
Power Desing. Inc., San Diego, CA
- Reviewed proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepared estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Ensured maintenance of files and documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists.
- Assisted in identifying qualified suppliers and subcontractors and soliciting quotes.
- Reviewed quotes for completeness with plans & specs.
- Recommended best solution based on cost, engineering quality, and availability of materials.
- Monitored and streamlined scope inclusions, exclusions, & clarifications for estimates.
Electrical Estimator, May 2000 – July 2005
Alliance Solutions Group, San Diego, CA
- Ensured project milestones and deliverable dates are being met.
- Assessed material specifications, assemblies, design implications, and phasing of work.
- Prepared bill of material and task tracking schedule for all electrical assemblies.
- Coordinated with Project Management to determine labor strategies.
- Analyzed industry specific updates.
- Ensured compliance of all relevant codes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Southern New Hampshire University, Colchester, VT