3664 Shearwood Forest Drive
Nashua, NH 3060
Job Objective To secure an Ophthalmic Nurse position with your practice to enhance both my own experiences as well as the reputation of the physician.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Significant Ophthalmic nursing experience
- In-depth knowledge of Action on Cataracts and implementing new initiatives
- Wide knowledge of eye terminology, anatomy and physiology of the eye
- Proficient with Ishihara plates, stereo test, Amsler grid, D-15 color test, Contrast Sensitivity test, and corneal topography
- Ability to ensure immediate referrals are seen by ophthalmologist immediately
- Ability to document ophthalmologist findings accurately and legible
- Ability to conduct biometry, tonometry, and visual acuity
- Ability to provide quality patient care, instruction and education
Ophthalmic Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Nevyas Eye Associates, Nashua, NH
- Provided care to persons with disorders of the eyes including blindness and visual impairment.
- Educated patient and assisted in surgery.
- Ensured patients receive pre-operative assessment.
- Participated pre-assessment and followed-up for cataract patients.
- Developed plan of care adhering to Trust guidance and clinical and management team.
- Provided service to post-operative patients, ensured queries and problems are addressed with appropriate follow up.
Ophthalmic Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Sabates Eye Centers, Nashua, NH
- Ensured patients receive a high standard of care by developing protocols and policies for Cataracts.
- Developed patient information relevant to the service and provided appropriate verbal information to empower the patient to make informed decisions.
- Documented medical notes.
- Completed Nursing history reviews.
- Communicated and liaised within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Supervised staff in the preparation and cleaning of the area.
Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Science, Siena Heights University, Adrian, MI
2124 E Erie St
Plainfield, IL 60544
Objective Seeking a responsible role as an Ophthalmic Nurse where my skills and knowledge can be enhanced and utilized effectively.
- Extended ability to perform preliminary work up of eye patients including manual refraction.
- Ability to make surgery less stressful for the patient, easier on the surgeon.
- Immense ability to conduct biometry, tonometry, visual acuity and all other skills related to pre-and post operative assessment.
- Broad experience in medical history recording, visual field testing, and refractometry as well as other ophthalmic skills.
- Profound ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ophthalmic Nurse, 2004 to till date
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Conducted pre-assessment to ascertain patient is fit to undergo surgery.
- Held ophthalmic examinations.
- Worked with ophthalmologist supporting them and delivering outstanding care to patients whilst in the theatre environment.
- Carried out procedures and treatments for patients within the clinic setting as instructed by the doctor within agreed protocols and guidelines.
- Performed ophthalmic testing under the supervision of a physician.
Certified Registered Nurse Ophthalmology (CRNO), 2004
University of California, San Francisco, CA
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Texas Austin, Austin, TX