1151 Cottonwood Lane
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Job Objective Seeking reputable company in which to obtain the Substation Apprentice position and use my knowledge in this field to further boost my career and to assist in the growth of company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Exceptional knowledgeof the electrical specifications and circuits and its measurements
- Ability tofind out the problem in the transformers and electrical equipments
- Ability towork at heights
- Ability towork inside substation apparatus
- Ability towork independently and within the team
Allegheny Energy, Grand Rapids, MI
August 2005 – Present
- Troubleshoot, operated, maintained, and overhauled all the substation apparatus.
- Performed all the substation inspections and documentation activities that accompany these duties for all substation equipment.
- Installed and maintained station service auto transfer panels, emergency generator instrumentation and controls.
- Assisted in the installation of protective relaying and metering equipment. Installed conduit, and pull wire and cable.
- Interpreted blueprints and installed electrical and mechanical systems.
- Performed welding and operated shop equipment such as, drill presses, grinders, saws.
MISource, Inc., Grand Rapids, MI
May 2000 – July 2005
- Installed, maintained and repaired the electric lighting and security systems, air conditioning, and heating systems. Maintained emergency power units.
- Operated the service, boom, bucket trucks, and cranes.
- Opened and closed cutout devices for station service transformers and similar equipment.
- Tested for voltage and applied personal grounding.
- Applied the test leads on grounded substation apparatus for testing purposes.
- Installed barricades to prevent accidental electrical contact.
High School Diploma
Jennings County High School, North Vernon, IN
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated