Cost Accountant Resume Example
Here is the Cost Accountant Resume example:
16105 20th Avenue Ct E
Picayune, MS 39466
Job Objective Seeking to obtain a Cost Accountant position with an organization where I can utilize my accounting skills and be an asset to the employer.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Excellent ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- In depth knowledge of standard cost and inventory management
- Excellent working knowledge of cost accounting
- Strong knowledge of query, reporting and data analysis tools
- Remarkable ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as well as a member of the team
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
Cost Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Bescast, Inc., Picayune, MS
- Generated month-end cost inventory reports and analyzed as requested by management.
- Ascertained that journal entries were organized to accurately report raw material.
- Performed monthly test counts to verify accuracy of inventory balances by analyzing inventory for slow moving inventory.
- Suggested inventory dispositions or adjustments to reserves.
- Analyzed the purchase price variance account and performed standard price cost updates as necessary.
- Reviewed the budgeted overhead calculation and assisted manufacturing with estimating costs for new and revisions to products.
Cost Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
The Mergis Group, Picayune, MS
- Assisted with management of all accounting functions (accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing).
- Prepared and analyzed specific accounting statements and reports.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, tax reports, and other internal and external reports as required.
- Prepared, researched, resolved, and computed recurring and reversing journal entries; and reconciled all bank accounts.
- Coordinated with other departments to achieve cost planning targets.
- Analyzed monthly operating performance and profit projections for reporting and developing action items.
- Participated in closing process such as journal entry preparation on monthly and annual basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
Cost Accountant Resume
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2023Create Date
- March 1, 2023Last Updated