Detox Nurse Resume
Here is the Detox Nurse Resume example:
1823 Yorkshire Circle
Job Objective To work in close proximity with a secure medical practice and to use my past skills and experience as a Detox Nurse to help the practice grow and move forward.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience of working in addiction and behavioral related field
- Outstanding experience working with a diverse population and a strong understanding of multicultural issues
- Sound knowledge of working with community agencies and managed care representatives
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to assess medical and psychological problems in patients
- Ability to work as a team member with diversified staff
Detox Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Clarity Way, Inc, Greenville, NC
- Assisted in identification of medical, emotional, and social needs of the client throughout the treatment process.
- Assessed medical and psychological problems and reported significant findings to the physician and appropriate counselor.
- Completed initial medical and nutritional assessment, and chemical dependency and suicide history.
- Monitored self-medication program and provided appropriate education to all staff and clients in the treatment program.
- Provided regularly scheduled medical lectures to clients.
- Administered TB tests to clients and staff in accordance with PA Department of Health.
- Helped in orientation and training of nursing staff.
- Adhered to Patient Rights as outlined in licensure manual.
B.S in Nursing, Westminster College, Fulton, MO
16987 W Hammond St
Kingsbury, TX 78638
Objective Seeking to expand my experience as a Detox Nurse and to enhance my skills & competencies and to serve people.
- Well-versed with all types of drugs.
- Skilled at demonstration knowledge of alcohol and addictive drugs and their effect on the family.
- Excellent knowledge of airborne, blood borne pathogens and risk reduction methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of treatment approaches for alcohol and other addictions.
- Sound knowledge of community health resources that supports life improvement in physical, emotional and spiritual health.
Detox Nurse, 2004 to till date
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Administered and controlled medical supplies in line with best practice.
- Conducted health screenings and monitored detox patients.
- Aided HIV/AIDS education and referral for counseling.
- Observed patient condition, recorded changes in status and took appropriate action.
- Provided nursing services to residents under the guidance of the detox nursing directors.
LPN Certification, 2004
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI