Orthopedic Nurse Resume
Here is the Orthopedic Nurse Resume example:
3746 Doe Meadow Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20901
Job Objective To secure a position as an Orthopedic Nurse with an experienced hospital and bring my knowledge to the table.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in acute care setting and pediatrics
- In-depth knowledge in trauma recovery, aggressive pain management techniques and post-surgical recovery
- Proficient with operating room specific equipment as outlined in defined competencies
- Ability to transfer and position patients independently and safely
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Familiarity with BRCH policy and procedures, the Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses and applicable laws and regulation
- Wide knowledge of human growth and development to modify services to the age and development stage of the patient
Orthopedic Nurse, August 2005 – Present
OhioHealth, Silver Spring, MD
- Provided day-to-day clinical management in the Orthopedic Service Line.
- Collaborated with Orthopedic Physicians to provide quality services.
- Assisted Orthopedic Service Line and Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Performed procedures, i.e. fracture reductions, suturing of lacerations etc.
- Monitored patients in the Multispecialty Follow-Up Clinic.
- Responded to the Emergency Department to care for orthopedic patients.
Orthopedic Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Northside Hospital, Silver Spring, MD
- Managed the 24-hour operation of designated units in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ensured the provision of quality patient care through compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Managed clinical and financial resources.
- Provided management and clinical expertise, education, research, and consultation to optimize operational outcomes.
- Educated staff and patients on health care.
B.S in Health Sciences – Advanced Patient Care, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
2411 W Mulberry St
Jemison, AL 35085
Objective Looking for an Orthopedic Nurse position in a reputed health organization where I can apply my best nursing skills and experience.
- Ability to provide care, correction or prevention for patients suffering from skeletal injuries or deformities.
- Specialized in the pre- and post-op/procedure management of patients with bone and muscular-skeletal conditions and injuries.
- Sound knowledge of orthopedic equipment.
- Extended ability to monitor traction and conduct cast care and maintenance.
- Familiar with neurovascular status monitoring, traction, continuous passive motion therapy, casting and care of patients with external fixation.
Orthopedic Nurse, 2004 to till date
Holy Faith Hospital, Hawthorne, FL
- Treated injuries and illnesses that affect the muscles, and bones.
- Provided care and support for patients with musculoskeletal diseases, educated the patients and the families about self-care and available support systems.
- Diagnosed and treated musculoskeletal disorders under the guidance of the physician.
- Educated patients and the families about self-care.
- Provided care for patients with fractures, arthritis and osteoporosis.
Certificate in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, 2004
University of California, San Francisco, CA
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Washington, Seattle, WA