Pre Op Nurse Resume
Here is the Pre Op Nurse Resume example:
4267 Locust View Drive
San Francisco, CA94108
Objective To enhance my skills as a Pre Op Nurse by combining my experience with a forward looking physician seeking qualified nursing administrators.
- Wide nursing experience in administering pre-operative patients
- Thorough knowledge of equipments used in a operation theater
- Exceptional knowledge of the principles of aseptic technique
- Ability to demonstrate performance Improvement ideology
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Excellent listening and teaching skills
- Solid patient care and devotion towards the profession
Pre Op Nurse, August 2005 – Present
United Surgical Partners, San Francisco, CA
- Administered appropriate care of patent prior to surgery.
- Collaborated with the staff of the operation theatre in planning a surgery.
- Assessed and evaluated all documents of admission as a preparatory measure.
- Identified emergency measures and acted accordingly.
- Communicated pertinent information to physicians and co-workers.
- Ensured to review the operative permit and willingness with the patient and family members.
Pre Op Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
American Institute of Gastric Banding, San Francisco, CA
- Implemented the Pre-Operative care maintaining related records.
- Planned accurate nursing care plan in a pre-operative unit.
- Administered pre-op medications as ordered maintaining time and records.
- Managed to start IV as ordered and recorded the readings appropriately.
- Adhered to comply with all pre-op policies and procedures.
- Ensured to remove all jewelry and hand it over the family members.
Associate of Science in Nursing, Oklahoma City Community College, Oklahoma City, OK
2545 46th Rd
Dekalb, IL 60115
Objective To obtain a position as Pre op Nurse for health maintenance organization, utilizing writing, research, and leadership skills.
- Immense ability to create a positive working environment that uplifts patients’ spirits.
- Wide knowledge of medical, nursing and clinical practices along with administrative capabilities.
- Skilled at preparing patients for surgery by providing pre-operative and post-operative instructions.
- Greater ability to demonstrate knowledge of professional nursing theory.
- Strong knowledge of surgery procedures
Pre op Nurse, 2004 to till date
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York
- Planned and prepared for the pre-operative nursing care of the patient.
- Managed emergency admission clinical issues.
- Educated patients and their families on medical-surgical procedures and disease processes.
- Ensured effective and efficient clinical processes for patients in the Pre-Op Center to ensure surgery criteria and qualifications are established and maintained.
- Implemented all physician orders, obtained signatures on consents and provided for continuity and quality of nursing care for patients.
Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA), 2004
University of California, San Francisco, CA
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia