Telephone Triage Nurse Resume
Here is the Telephone Triage Nurse Resume example:
4700 Tetrick Road
Lakeland, FL 33801
Job Objective To obtain a position as a valued employee in your hospital so that I can exercise my experience as a Telephone Triage Nurse.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Immense experience in interacting over telephone
- Thorough knowledge of the telephonic management of patient health concerns
- Exceptional knowledge of delivering health related services and information
- Ability to empathize with patients health concerns
- Ability to explain the treatment process over phone
- Excellent supportive and educative skills
- Strong listening empathizing, compassion, and communication skills
Telephone Triage Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Lakeland, FL
- Gathered assessment details from patients to develop a triage call.
- Communicated effectively over phone to recognize the patient’s health concerns.
- Managed to perform a primary assessment on every patient call.
- Provided appropriate guidelines in a language the patients understood.
- Adhered to standardized protocols to assess and formulate a plan of care.
- Ensured to accurately enter all pertinent information concerning patient into the medical record (EMR).
Telephone Triage Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Orange Coast Women’s Medical Group, Lakeland, FL
- Performed to establish triage calls and maintained relevant data.
- Provided all pertinent information after analyzing the health concerns of the patient.
- Managed to facilitate appointments over the phone on the nearest date/time.
- Managed to use approved medical abbreviations while documenting.
- Adhered to all the established policies and worked towards established goals.
- Ensured to inform the patients about the facilities and decisions by providing care advice and prevention-based concepts.
Associate of Science in Allied Health Science, Alpena Community College, Alpena, MI
620 E Washington St
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Objective To secure a position as a Telephone Triage Nurse where I can use my well developed communication skills for patient treatment, and patient advocacy.
- Excellent ability to assess patients over the phone.
- Good listener of patients explaining their symptoms.
- Extensive experience working in a call center especially in nursing triage.
- Wide knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Extended ability to communicate with other employees, patients, providers, and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
Telephone Triage Nurse, 2004 to till date
Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltmore, MD
- Provided patient education regarding medication, compliance, drug therapies, injections and disease states.
- Answered calls from patients over the telephone and made determinations about whether or not a patient’s medical concerns require a doctors attention.
- Contacted patients, as directed by providers, protocol, by phone and in person.
- Assisted with physician calls on inpatients.
- Assessed patient’s symptoms over the phone.
RNC Certification, 2004
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Columbia University, New York, NY