1721 Hog Camp Road
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Job Objective To work as an Autism Specialist for the right company seeking dependable employees. Looking to use my past skills and experience in the specialist field in order to help the company advance.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience working with children with autism
- Good understanding of current trends and theories pertaining to ASD
- Sound knowledge of current methods and techniques of applied behavior analysis, and discrete trial training
- Skilled in planning, developing and providing academic, social programming for children with ASD
- Ability to work with teachers at varying levels of expertise
- Profound ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with students, staff, parents and agency personnel
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
Autism Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Alexandria City Public Schools, Tinley Park, IL
- Determined eligibility for special education under the ASD category.
- Identified program needs and planned accordingly for students with ASD.
- Recommended effective modifications and accommodations for students with ASD.
- Guided and supported educational assistants to ASD students.
- Designed, developed, and provided needed resources and materials.
- Ensured to keep current on research-based knowledge of ASD.
Autism Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Medical Staffing Source of America, INC, Tinley Park, IL
- Conducted thorough educational evaluations for children with special needs.
- Designed and implemented individual learning and development plans.
- Administered assessments of baseline skills and created curriculum to promote educational development.
- Participated in Parent and Family Trainings and Programs.
- Partnered with other departments in the development and implementation of trainings.
- Ensured to monitor individual development for each child and recommend future treatment and education plans.
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Cheyney University, Cheyney, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated