2094 Golf Course Drive
Mclean, VA 22101
Job Objective Seeking an Asl Interpreter position in an organization where I can utilize my skills and be an asset to the employer.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Highly experienced in providing American Sign Language interpretation, translation and communication services
- Profound knowledge of medical terminology,ASL vocabulary and interpreter code of ethics
- Outstanding knowledge of deaf culture, local deaf community, and resources and hearing aids for deaf
- Familiarity with various sign language modes like PSE and signed English
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff, clients and community
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of sensitive and important information
Purple Communications, Inc., Mclean, VA
August 2012 – Present
- Provided and coordinated ASL interpretation services for clients with hearing disability.
- Performed and handled voice to sign and vice versa translations.
- Translated and rendered written information into American Sign Language, accurately and in a timely manner.
- TranslatedASL for physicians and accompanied hearing impaired clients to medical appointments and visits.
- Taught ASL to hearing impaired students and delivered interpretation of school events and activities for them.
- Established and maintained positive working relationships with coworkers, school staff, and community.
InDemand Interpreting, Mclean, VA
May 2009 – July 2012
- Communicated information to hearing impaired clients in ASL and interpreted ASL for people with normal hearing.
- Interacted with teacher and assisted them indelivery of lesson plan to hearing impaired students.
- Interpreted and translated information for people facing language limitations through ASL and other mode of communication.
- Identified and provided appropriate resources and aids to clients with hearing disability.
- Monitored and evaluatedclients’ degree of comprehension of information conveyed.
- Liaised with colleagues and interacted with clients in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Bachelor’s Degree in American Sign Language
Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA