Import Clerk Resume Example
Here is the Import Clerk Resume example:
812 Robinson Switch Rd
Overland Park, KS, 66210
Job Objective To obtain an Import Clerk position in a company that provides an open environment with many opportunities for continuous growth.
Import Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Phillips-Van Heusen, Overland Park, KS
- Coordinated with overseas vendors for their shipments.
- Prepared shipping documents and inventory control.
- Managed to receive and capture the shipping documents in the computerized system.
- Received packages from the customers, commission agents and AWB’s from the Customs Broker and made payments.
- Computed accounts and managed bank account conciliations.
Import Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
CDI Corporation, Overland Park, KS
- Accounted and made payments to airlines, parcel companies in consultation with the general manager.
- Ensured appropriate computing of shipping information to track all shipments.
- Coordinated with the customs broker to pick up of all shipments from the company’s office or storage center and prepared documentation for them enabling them to prepare Air Way Bills.
- Prepared, computed and mailed the listings of all shipments with their respective AWB numbers, by flight to appropriate authority for further action.
- Used the tracking system effectively to respond to complaints from clients when they didn’t receive their shipments and confirmed with the commission agent upon delivery.
- Updated databases and statistics to be reported to the company’s management.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ability to coordinate with overseas vendors
- Ability to receive and track shipping documents
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively
- Typing speed of 50 W.P.M
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
Associate Degree in International Trade Import and Export, Community College of Rhode Island, Warwick, RI
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated