1020 Fowler Avenue
Tucker, GA 30084
Job Objective To acquire a position as an Exercise Specialist that allows me to use my abilities to enhance and grow with the company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in exercise prescription in an acute care setting
- Huge knowledge of exercise physiology, nutrition, and cardiac risk factor
- In-depth knowledge of EKG, CAD, blook pressure, and glucose monitoring, and treatment
- Familiarity with behavioral modification strategies, and counseling techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in assessing risk of exercise for individual patients
- Ability to identify basic cardiac dysrhythmias
- Remarkable ability to develop educational materials and educate patients
- Amazing ability to multitask and have strong attention to detail
Exercise Specialist, May 2006 – Present
South Lake Hospital, Tucker, GA
- Identified participant’s need of additional exercise guidance and provided support to them.
- Developed self-care health improvement special programs for participants.
- Served as hospital and community resource person.
- Submitted articles for quarterly publications of the Center’s newsletter; redesigned existing tip sheets and developed new ones.
- Maintained exercise equipment and assisted with facility maintenance and cleaning.
Exercise Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Duke Fitness Center , Tucker, GA
- Participated in screening individuals’ medical histories and current health status to identify major health risk factors.
- Administered fitness testing procedures and counsel individuals regarding test results and use of exercise equipment.
- Assisted with fitness-related educational programs.
- Maintained and updated file system regarding membership testing.
- Attended meetings, seminars, workshops relating to the promotion of fitness.
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science & Physiology, La Roche College, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated