433 Kincheloe Road
Mcminnville, OR 97128
Job Objective To find a position with a well established school that has a stable environment that will lead to a long tenure as an Online Teacher.
Online Science Teacher, August 2005 – Present
KC Distance Learning, Mcminnville, OR
- Contacted each new student to welcome them to and introduce the course.
- Monitored closely the student’s progress relative to their individual course schedule.
- Provided timely and appropriate feedback to student for their assignments.
- Monitored and participated in the Online Instruction Community forum/discussion group/s.
- Managed to establish contact with student inactive for over 3 days, and informed the mentor if a student is inactive for more than 5-days or more.
- Ensured to follow all the guidelines as appropriate.
Online Science Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Educate Online, Mcminnville, OR
- Motivated the students to stay on track in their respective courses.
- Coordinated with the student and the mentor to resolve any arising concerns.
- Provided motivating comments and constructive feedback for each assessment item.
- Maintained effective communications with all the available resources.
- Provided appropriate information to each of the students for their successful completion of respective courses with excellent grades.
- Ensured that upon completion of a course the students are awarded the final grades.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Strayer University, Alexandria, VA
Summary of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in distance and online education tutoring
- Thorough knowledge of a school administration, syllabus and course contents
- Exceptional knowledge of internet, instant messaging and basics of computers
- Remarkable ability to explain challenging concepts in an motivating style
- Outstanding ability to satisfy all continuing educational requirements
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Solid personal management and customer care skills