1172 Cabell Avenue
Washington, VA 20005
Job Objective A Sociology Teacher job that allows for the growth of the position within the school to develop it as well.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Successful teaching experience in Sociology
- Exceptional knowledge of instructional methodology and related technology
- Thorough knowledge of classroom management
- Remarkable ability to work in a collegial manner with a highly diverse faculty
- Outstanding ability to teach in an urban community college setting
- Excellent motivational, teaching and mentoring skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Sociology Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Northern Virginia Community College, Washington, VA
- Developed innovative sociology tools to best serve the students.
- Demonstrated the knowledge of teaching in an online and classroom learning environment.
- Managed to be available to tutor during the evenings and weekends.
- Utilized available technology and equipment such as remote access and classroom projection systems.
- Provided opportunities for in-class discussions and questions.
- Ensured to display enthusiasm about the students and their performance.
Sociology Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Farmington Public Schools, Washington, VA
- Used website content and online courses to enhance learning process.
- Instructed distance learning, hybrid, and traditional courses.
- Served as a faculty advisor and managed to serve on college committees.
- Participated in curriculum development programs.
- Motivated the students to actively participate in related educational process.
- Advised the students in matters related to academics, attendance and behaviors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Mars Hill College, Mars Hill, NC
Master’s Degree in Sociology, Quincy College, Quincy, MA
2040 N Mohawk St
Winter Park, FL 32789s
Objective Obtain a challenging teaching position as a Sociology Teacher utilizing creativity and a genuine desire to educate.
Areas of Expertise:
- Strong curriculum development skills.
- Sound knowledge of human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- Extensive motivational and instructional skills.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Strong teaching and mentoring skills.
Sociology Teacher, 2007 – Present
Langley High School, McLean, VA
- Taught social and cultural concepts to students.
- Instructed students about social structures, social systems and social issues.
- Taught students about marriage and family.
- Maintained and enhanced the learning environment.
- Promoted and supported student’s achievements.
M.S in Sociology, 2007
B.S in Sociology, 2005