516 Lynn Street
Woburn, MA 1801
Job Objective Seeking work as a Teacher for the Hearing Impaired in a school in order to bring my years of experience in the field to the department and school.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Successful experience in tutoring students with hearing imparities
- Exceptional knowledge of special education methodology
- Thorough and advanced level knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL)
- Immense ability in demonstrating genuine services to students with imparities
- Excellent gesture communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and instructional skills
Teacher for the Hearing Impaired, August 2005 – Present
Capitol Region Education Council, Woburn, MA
- Provided direct instructional services to students with hearing imparities.
- Helped the students to learn intelligible spoken language through listening.
- Provided written evidence of careful daily preparation and maintained records.
- Maintained strong connection between home and school through regular meetings.
- Troubleshoot and checked hearing aids, cochlear implants, and FM systems.
- Prepared instructions in a systematic manner using appropriate technology.
Teacher for the Hearing Impaired, May 2000 – July 2005
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind, Woburn, MA
- Collaborated with the instructional team in planning units and activities.
- Developed and maintained a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Planned and implemented functional and behavior observation assessment.
- Facilitated integration of normal students with students of hearing imparities.
- Encouraged students to develop independent, self advocacy, and responsibility.
- Served as a consultant to other staff members regarding the unique hearing, listening, communication, and educational needs of children with hearing imparities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Santa Barbara Business College, Santa Barbara, CA
Master’s Degree in Special Education, Wesley College, Dover, DE
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated