HIV Counsellor Resume Example
Here is the HIV Counsellor Resume example:
3845 Raoul Wallenberg Place
Orange, CT 6477
Job Objective Highly-motivated HIV Counsellor seeking position with company in which to put my experience to good use.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of HIV testing, counseling and community outreach activities
- In-depth knowledge of community health education, referral system, and Evidence Based Intervention
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Word and mobile medical vehicle
- Familiarity with maintaining data confidentiality and phlebotomy certification
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports, properly
- Ability to work with at risk populations and provide group counseling, efficiently
Lourdes Health System, Orange, CT
August 2012 – Present
- Conducted and coordinated health education programs and risk reduction counseling sessions.
- Promoted HIV testing services and handed out marketing materials
- Performed HIV tests and interpreted test results, correctly.
- Recorded and maintained all test results in relevant database, with accuracy.
- Provided follow-up care to HIV positive clients and referred them to appropriate medical and community resources.
- Obtained and retained a valid HIV Prevention Counselor Certification, diligently.
AIDS Healthcare Foundation, Orange, CT
May 2009 – July 2012
- Executed and managed community outreach and participant-recruitment drive.
- Selected and travelled to venues for conducting different types of HIV tests.
- Obtained and processed biological samples in compliance with government-approved guidelines.
- Determined and provided appropriate HIV pre and post-test counseling to participants.
- Prepared and maintained all mandatory paperwork and electronic records.
- Built and maintained effective relationships with relevant community agencies.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
Judson University, Elgin, IL
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated