10010 Vanderbilt Cir
Charleston, SC, 29401
Objective To obtain an Unit Assistant position which will challenge me and help the organization continue to be successful.
Summary of Skills:
- In depth Knowledge of medical terminology
- Certified in CAN (Certified Nursing Assistant) and CPR
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to efficiently transcribe physicians orders and other patient care
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and assist with 100 lbs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to handle phone calls, email and fax
- Ability to communicate and establish good relationships with patients
Unit Assistant, August 2005 to till date
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Charleston, SC
- Coordinated patients care activities.
- Served as an informational resource for non-clinical information for patients, visitors, physicians and other Medical Center personnel.
- Participated in the orientation of new personnel to the unit.
- Maintained the patient’s medical record and associated unit records adhering to the standards of the department and in compliance with HIPAA and JCAHO regulations.
- Supported unit based materials management systems.
- Maintained office forms and supply inventory as needed.
Unit Assistant, May 2000 to July 2005
Maine Medical Center, Charleston, SC
- Transcribed physicians orders and other patient care and unit related information in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Assisted the professional nursing staff by transmitting patient information.
- Ensured to apply safety principles as identified within the institution.
- Ensured awareness of and sensitivity to patient and family rights, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provided prompt care to patients during emergency.
- Provided transportation from medical office to inpatient areas, from inpatient areas to medical offices and from one inpatient area to another.
Associate Degree in Medical Assistant , North Hennepin Community College, Brooklyn Park, MN