Backup Administrator Resume Example
Here is the Backup Administrator Resume example:
3804 Smith Road
Acworth, GA 30101
Career Objective Looking for a Backup Administrator position within your organization on a full time basis to also help the organization with my experience.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Hand-on experience in providing backup to applications such as Oracle, Exchange and Microsoft SQL
- Sound knowledge to create backup for enterprise environments such as Veritas NetBackup
- Profound knowledge of Unix, Linux and Windows
- Ability to adapt to the various new upgrades
- Ability to maintain backup and disaster recovery plans
- Proficient in providing technical and operational support
- Familiarity with the Disaster Recovery and Continuity planning
- Good organizational and communication skills
Backup Administrator, November 2007 – Present
Secure-24, Inc., Acworth, GA
- Maintained backup data for a 24×7 office.
- Reviewed the backup data regularly to ensure that it is successfully stored.
- Assisted in the on-call rotation to enable the efficient storage of back up data.
- Managed the configuration of the servers and maintained the hardware.
- Administered and participated in the back up recovery drill, ensuring the presence of the backup data in the system.
- Developed and maintained the process of data backup according to the industry standards such as SLA.
Backup Administrator, December 2001 – October 2007
Harris Corporation, Acworth, GA
- Installed the Veritas NetBackup on a number of operating systems such as Windows and Red Hat Linux.
- Prepared documentation of the net backups.
- Assessed the back up by troubleshooting the system, upgraded the system with patch according to the requirement.
- Developed new clients and added some to the existing ones.
- Maintained the everyday backup for recovery by the automated process.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated