12019 Windom Peak Way
Somerville, NJ 08876
Job Objective Seek a Hospital Unit Clerk position where I can apply my experience and efficiently contribute to the company’s growth.
Hospital Unit Clerk, May 2004 – Present
HCA Inc., Somerville, NJ
- Performed duties of a receptionist for the unit and answered all phone calls including patient’s intercom calls.
- Maintained the transcriptions of physician’s and order entry.
- Monitored the outpatient census and mark off received charts and ensued to locate charts not received.
- Managed to match all face sheets with corresponding lab and x-ray.
- Ensured to enter all provider orders for department.
- Assisted in providing customer service and data entry for nursing.
Hospital Unit Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Regional Health, Somerville, NJ
- Managed assembling charts for admitted patients and prepared charts.
- Transcribed physician orders.
- Assigned ICD-9 and CPT codes to all outpatient x-ray, lab, and consultation records.
- Ensured to check to see if there are any charts for the consulting physicians to sign.
- Managed to take to outpatient clinic or surgery according to the physician clinic and surgery schedule.
Summary of Qualifications:
- In Dept knowledge of general laboratory procedures, principles, methods used in laboratory tests
- Ability to deal tactfully with physicians, employees, patients and families
- Good customer service skills and ability to handle multi-phones and multitasking
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of hospital rules and regulations
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work under extreme stress and pressure
Associate Degree in Medical Office Assistant, Wayne County Community College, Detroit, MI
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated