3254 Big Indian
New Orleans, LA70171
Objective Seeking position as a Patient Safety Officer with reputable organization in which my skills and knowledge can help further the development of the organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Certified nurse with huge nursing experience in acute-care setting
- Excellent knowledge of risk management principles and issues regarding patient safety
- In-depth knowledge of medical and surgical clinical nursing
- Good understanding of Vital Sign Assessment (Temp, blood pressure, pulse, respiration)
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
Patient Safety Officer, August 2005 – Present
Saint Francis Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Overseen creation, review, and refinement of the scope of the Patient Safety Program within the facility on an annual basis.
- Coordinated activities of the Patient Safety Committee.
- Overseen management and use of medical error information.
- Reviewed internal error reports and utilized information from external reporting programs
- Investigated patient safety issues within the facility.
Patient Safety Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Tenet Health Saint Francis Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Assisted in development of policy and procedures effecting organizational safety.
- Developed program to facilitate internal communication about patient safety information.
- Served as a resource for clinical departments on issues of patient safety.
- Provided support and encouraged error reporting.
- Supported patient safety improvement recognition program development.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Taft College, Taft, CA