Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Here is the Ophthalmic Assistant Resume example:
5279 Saddlebag Lake Rd
Boxboro, MA, 01719
Objective To obtain an Ophthalmic Assistant position in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my administrative skills and acquire new abilities.
Summary of Skills:
- Sound knowledge of ophthalmology abbreviations and terminology
- Remarkable experience in performing basic maintenance of exam room and ancillary equipment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proven ability to perform technical skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
Guthrie Health Care System, Boxboro, MA
August 2005 to till date
- Prepared examination and treatment rooms for use by eye care providers.
- Reviewed appointment schedule to determine patient visits order.
- Performed basic and routine vision screenings examinations; and recorded data on standard format.
- Maintained ophthalmic instruments appropriately.
- Managed to administered eye medications as ordered by the Ophthalmologists.
- Performed other technical skills as directed by an eye care provider.
Mercy Ships, Boxboro, MA
May 2000 to July 2005
- Prepared patients and assisted ophthalmologist with surgery and laser procedures.
- Collected and calculated diagnostic data; and ensured to remain current with documentation guidelines.
- Recognized an emergency situation and initiated appropriate plan of action.
- Reviewed and monitored ophthalmologist schedule for efficiency.
- Assisted in the orientation of new employees, and recognized and utilized opportunities to teach other staff members.
- Performed liaison duties between patients, referring physicians, and hospital staff.
Associate degrees in Health Unit Coordinator
Duke University, Durham, NC
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated