Medical Clerk Resume
Here is the Medical Clerk Resume example:
190 Petunia Way
Birmingham, AL 35217
Job Objective Seeking a Medical Clerk position in a company where my skills and knowledge can be used and enhanced to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarakble clerical experience in a medical setting
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and provider’s instructions
- Extensive knowledge of clinic’s regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to receive visitor and patients, screen phone calls and answer and refer questions
- Ability to complete appropriate request forms and electronic screens
- Ability to process, maintain, compile, and report patient information for health requirements and standards
- Skilled in using computer, photocopier, fax machine, calculator and other office equipment
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to gather, record, analyze, evaluate and disseminate information
Highland General Hospital, Birmingham, AL
August 2005 – Present
- Assured that each patient treated is eligible for care and has adhered with clinic enrollment procedures.
- Performed initial screening of patients, including veteran eligibility and active enrollment.
- Scheduled and notified patients of follow-up appointments and referrals.
- Took part in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program.
- Maintained confidentiality of all information and supported patients’ privacy, patients’’ rights and safety.
TRC Staffing Services, Birmingham, AL
May 2000 – July 2005
- Originated, updated and maintained patient information and records manually.
- Provided information about payment policies, collected monies and issued receipts.
- Assisted in admitting and discharging patients.
- Developed reports, billing documents, charts and statistical data.
- Scheduled appointments and notified patients.
- Maintained appointment books and scheduled lab tests as required.
- Answered telephone inquiries and refered and transfered calls.
- Performed clerical duties such as typing, filing, photocopying, charting, and posting.
- Collected, sorted, distributed, stored and filed x-rays and similar materials.
High School Diploma
Glenbard South High School, Glen Ellyn, IL
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated